Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chicken Pickin'!

Some relatively new neighbors invited us over to their house for a cookout on the 4th of July this year.  I know some people really go all out for holidays: big parties, vacations, themed manicures and the like.  Yeah, we're not those people.  Our plans for the day included sitting on the couch and playing Minecraft and L4D2 as much as possible.  But I am an open book!  And a social butterfly, or so Hubs says.  So I rolled out, where I discovered the most intensely delicious grilled chicken that has ever been.

My dear neighbor was a peach and shared the recipe for her magic chicken rub.  That kind of sounds kinky, doesn't it?  Well I don't really care what it sounds like, it tastes delicious.  It's also incredibly simple.

Magic Chicken Rub:
-1 tbsp seasoning salt
-1 tbsp pepper
-1 tbsp sugar
-1 tbsp garlic powder
-1 tbsp paprika
-olive oil, mixed to desired consistency

Key players.

It's like sand art.


SO MUCH CHICKEN!  I don't usually buy drumsticks, but this pack was on sale for $4.  That's quite a few dinners for just me and Hubs!  Plus this is what my neighbor used on the 4th.

Oooo, pretty...

You can kind of see the consistency I was working with here.  I think I would either add a tinge more oil, or decrease the amount of rub, because it was *slightly* caked on at the end.  But still delicious.  I would suggest 6 chicken legs for the above amount.

Here's the end result!  SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment