Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hellish Habanero Blue Cheese

The other day I did something equal parts dangerous, delicious, and daring.  We had one puny, slightly wilted habanero pepper left over from the end of our summer harvest.  I was making blue cheese dressing when a lightbulb popped up over my head, cartoon style.  Only this lightbulb was on fire.

I've seen spicy ranch time and time again.  (And it has delighted me every single one of those times.)  But I have yet to see a spicy blue cheese dressing.  Which in my mind is a little odd, seeing as we all know how well blue cheese and spicy things go together.

So I concocted one.  And it is noooooo joke.





Hellish Habanero Blue Cheese
-1/2 C blue cheese dressing
-1 habanero, seeded and diced
-2 tbsp pepper paste (I used habanero)
-1/2 tsp red pepper flake
-a dash of hot sauce

1.  Combine ingredients.  Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.  The longer it sits, the more the flavors will meld.


If you want to punish your taste buds, you can leave some or all of the seeds in.  Good luck with that.

Anyway the taste is great.  It's pretty warm, but cools down quickly due to the dairy.  Also I had some normal dressing left and would combine them until I got the perfect heat.  It worked out great!  Anything you drizzle it on instantly becomes buffalo blue cheese flavored.  Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment