Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sushi Fake Out

So I'm horribly obsessed with sushi.  My sister introduced me to it when I was a junior or senior in high school.  She introduced me to it, I should include, by shoving a piece of octopus (suckers and all) into my mouth when I wasn't paying attention.  Such love.

Anyway I live in BFE North Carolina and the closest sushi restaurant is a little over an hour away.  I deeply deeply yearn for sushi in my life constantly, so I have been looking for ways to get my fix.  After I accidentally bought 3 pounds of smoked salmon the other week, I was desperately looking for ways to use it up.

Did you know it's possible to accidentally buy this much salmon?  It is.

Btw, I had never had smoked salmon before.  I ate a good third of the package.

Hubs liked the taste, but the texture was a little off for him.  I took to the internet to see if you can cook smoked salmon, but the results were dubious.  I made teriyaki salmon rolls with spicy mayo and it was the easiest thing everrrrrrrrrrr


I marinated the salmon pieces in teriyaki sauce for about 12 hours.  I rolled up the pieces and stuck a toothpick through to hold, and tossed them on the George Foreman.  They cooked super quickly!

Mix 1/4 C mayo and about 1 tbsp of Sriracha together and drizzle over the salmon rolls.  It's not sushi, but served with a side of white rice, it will at least give you a fix.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment